No matter where you live in Southern California, from Downtown LA to Anaheim, from the Inland Empire to San Diego, SoCal Plumbers has licensed and insured plumbing technicians standing by, ready to help. Our service area includes multiple cities in the following Southern California Counties: Los Angeles, Orange, San Diego, San Bernadino, Ventura, Riverside, and Kern.
If you have ever wondered how your plumbing works and what causes some of the more common plumbing issues, here are a few answers:
Have You Ever Wondered – What Causes a Faucet to Drip?
The most common sources of a leaking faucet are a worn-out washer or gasket, a loose O ring, or corrosion in the valve seat. 3,000 gallons of water are lost each year by a faucet that leaks one drop per second.
Have You Ever Wondered – What Causes a Toilet to Sweat?
Moisture forms on the exterior of the tank since the tank water temperature is colder than the surrounding air. The difference in temperature causes the air to release water and create one sweaty, drippy toilet! Five steps to resolve the issue are:
- Install an exhaust fan in your bathroom and use it when you take a shower.
- Take cooler, shorter showers to reduce the migration of water into the air.
- Open the bathroom door when you finish your shower.
- Install an anti-sweat valve that mixes a little warm water in with the cold when the tank refills.
- Eliminate the tank with a tankless toilet. They use an electric pump to move water in an out of the toilet.
Have You Ever Wondered – How Many Gallons of Water Does the Average Person Use Daily?
The average American uses 150 gallons of water a day. Most water is used flushing toilets and taking showers. It takes 40 gallons on average for a twenty-minute hot shower. The average household flushes the toilet 5 times a day. The older your toilet, the more water it uses. Toilets made prior to 1982 use 5 to 7 gallons a flush. Newer toilets are designed to flush with only 1.6 gallons of water.
Have You Ever Wondered – How Much Water Does It Take to Run a Dishwasher?
It takes 10 gallons of hot water to run a dishwasher. The simplest solution is to run the dishwasher with full loads by putting dishes in the dishwasher throughout the day and running it once in the evening. Also, pay attention to the cycle options on your dishwasher and select the cycle that requires the least amount of energy for the job.
Have You Ever Wondered – Why You Have Rust Stains in Your Toilet?
Rust stains in the toilet bowl typically indicate that your water has higher levels of iron in the water supply. The best action steps to clean rust stains are:
- Use a toilet brush or a non-abrasive scouring brush to scrub the bowl.
- Do not use bleach, as it can make the rust stain even more severe.
- Try a homemade cleaning solution of 1-part vinegar and 1-part water as a spray or mi 3-parts baking soda and 1-part vinegar and apply it as a paste.
- For more stubborn rust stains, try commercial cleaning products such as Borax.
- To prevent rust stains from appearing in the first place, you may want to consider replacing old iron pipes with new copper or PEX piping or installing a water softener system.
For more information on all your plumbing concerns visit https://socalplumbers.com/. If you have found this article to be helpful and you would like to receive similar information from the SoCal Plumbers, please go to https://socalplumbers.com/email-signup/.